You must hold a residence permit in order to reside and study in Denmark, if you are a citizen of a country outside the Nordic countries or the EU/EEA.


A number of conditions must be met in order for you to get a corporate residence permit. However, a part of these conditions concern the company and its status. Consequently, the company is encouraged to obtain a corporate approval before you apply for a residence permit. The company is not required to do so, but if it does, your application as well as any subsequent applications from other employees can be processed faster.

Please note

It is your own responsibility to find a place of study and to be accepted as a student. You cannot be granted a residence permit as a student before you have been accepted at a place of study.

Read more about studying in Denmark at (new window)

There are three main categories of studies which can warrant a residence permit:

  • Higher educational programmers
  • Basic and youth study programmers
  • Folk high schools (folkehøjskoler)